ALDAF COMMUNITY INITIATIVE FUNDING GRANTS
About the Grants
ALDAF (The Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation) is inviting Expressions of Interest from schools, Lions Clubs and Community groups to conduct innovative projects which help to increase the wellbeing of young people in their local area.
Small grants of up to $1000 will be available for a variety of creative projects. Suggest an idea that will work for your community or consider one from the list below:
- The conduct of youth-friendly social events
- Development of Apps
- Activities which involve young people diagnosed with, or recovering from, cancer or major illness
- Activities which are environmentally sensitive and encourage the re-use or recycling of materials
- Subsidies for young people to do courses (for example first aid, coaching, umpiring)
- Building of community gardens
- Sponsorship of charitable events (for example co-ordination of “a-thons” to help re-build local facilities after natural disasters)
Keys to being considered for a grant will be the applicant’s ability to demonstrate:
- The activities will be drug and alcohol free
- Involve multi-generational interaction
- Provide opportunities for young people to help in the organisation and conduct of the project or activity
- A commitment to
- meeting with your local Lions or Leos Club (min 2 times) and;
- preparing either an article for the ALDAF newsletter or a video/blog for the TINO website
- providing a progress report and end-of-project report as guided by the Project Coordinator
- strengthening the Project by involving multiple partners and/or funding opportunities
Expressions of Interest Forms
Download and complete the a Expression of Interest form. If you are a school or Community group remember to have it co-signed by your local Lions or Leos Club representative.
On completion of this Expression of Interest please submit your application via
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT – (applicant name) – EOI
Mail to 2/20 Duthy Street, Unley SA 5061
Need more help?
Contact Brenda Hosking, ALDAF Education Consultant and Community Initiatives Project Co-ordinator on (mob) 0418 859 007 or (email) email@example.com
The Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation will acknowledge receipt of your Expression of Interest but this should not be seen as in anyway indicating the notification will progress for further detailed consideration.
The Foundation does not fund overseas projects/trips in accordance with Australian Taxation Office requirements applying to the Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation